International Baccalaureate - Applications
Colonel By Secondary School International Baccalaureate Program
Colonel By Secondary School IB Programme and Application Information for September, 2020
Information Evenings on the IB programme and how to apply are scheduled for November 21 & 26, 2019, from 7:00 - 8:30 PM. Doors will open at 6:30 PM. Both evenings will offer identical content.
Click HERE to register to attend an evening.
Please note that there are geographic boundaries related to applying to Colonel By Secondary School's IB Programme.
- A student's designated International Baccalaureate school is determined by their home address.
- The IB School Locator Tool will identify a student's designated site. More detailed information on the catchment areas is available on the OCDSB website.
Student Application Process - Preparatory Program for Grade 9 and 10 in 2020
Applications will ONLY be accepted between December 9 - 12, 2019.
Printed applications must be submitted by the applicant or Parent/Guardian to the designated school during our business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) by the due date, for consideration.
Only one application is to be submitted per candidate student.
The following information is included in the SYSTEM PROGRAM APPLICATION FORM:
- 2020-2021 Application Process information.
- Checklist/Teacher Commentary Form
- Application Form for IB Programme
- Registration for CAT4 Test (Canadian Achievement Test)* see below
East Location: Colonel By SS, Saturday, January 11, 2020
West Location: Merivale HS, Saturday, January 18, 2020
* CAT test sessions: Families choose ONE date for the student applicant to attend and register for the date. Space is limited for each date.
See expectations noted below for those students who have registered to participate:
- Students should arrive 30 minutes ahead of the start time for the CAT Session.
- Students are responsible for bringing pencils, eraser, and a standard calculator to the session. No other materials will be permitted.
- Students are reminded to bring a water bottle (water only) and a snack for their short break.
- Students may bring a book to read should they finish a part of the test early.
- Students/parents should plan for the session to take 4.5 hours.
Parents/guardians will not be permitted to interact with their student during the test period. Please make sure students have all materials at time of drop off.
For September 2020, Colonel By SS will accept applications for entry points in grade 9 and grade 10. All grade 10 applications are subject to available space.